Monday, June 13, 2011

In my world, 2 comes before 1

If we play by my rules, we'll start by documenting my second property. I say my, but really the last two project homes have been conceived, mentally designed, and executed by our committed efforts. It seems to work well enough.

Hello, I'm Tyler Blackwell. By education, I'm a physicist, with computer reading glasses to boot, born in Montana and bred by American culture. My partner in real estate and life, Hallie Torrey, is also part of the nerd troop; she uses her Master's degree in math in her daily rituals as a community college teacher and tutor. We're fueled by more than science, it turns out. More of the story will unfold with the forthcoming posts.

First, a peek into property #2. This property was purchased with the intention of renting it out to someone with a mind to help me build a retirement portfolio. A picture would be nice, you say? Of course, of course:
This is a tease, I know. Just one picture for today? Look, I know this one gave you goosebumps, and I need to keep you coming back, so yes, just one.  This picture gives great insight into what property #2 (Malibu) is all about. Unsightly, but SOLID. If I've learned anything about rental property in my years of rearing, it's that if something in a rental works, leave it alone. This vanity dates itself square in the 80s. See the towel ring? My thought on this is that if someone has been using this sink for 25 years and it's still in this condition, it's going to last another 25!!

In the next post I'll reveal the oven, another gem from the 80s.

No comments:

Post a Comment